Is your Dallas Texas house in foreclosure right now? Many people going through the Texas foreclosure process want to get out from under that stressful house situation and want to know: “can I sell my Dallas house in foreclosure?” Yes, you can, but it’s not always easy. When it comes to selling a house in foreclosure, the sooner you get started, the more positive the outcome you can expect.
Selling Your Dallas House In Foreclosure – How it works
There are many, many people in Dallas who have faced foreclosure in the past few years. With the recent fluctuations of the economy, many banks have changed the ways in which they deal with foreclosures.
Banks really don’t want to have your house empty or abandoned. They don’t want to have to take it back. Think about it. Banks make money from having you pay your mortgage and paying the interest attached to your principal for the next 30 years. If you stop paying, they get nothing. By helping you to avoid foreclosure they can continue to make money from the property. Unfortunately, dealing with banks sucks. From our experiences in dealing with banks to help homeowners stop the foreclosure process, we’ve picked up a tip or two that can benefit you.
Working With Banks During The Foreclosure Process
- Always over-communicate with the bank (Do this!). Call with updates and let them know of all your efforts in selling the property fast.
- DO NOT miss deadlines. If anything will be late, call in early and let the people at the bank know.
- Remember that bank people are real people too. Save the drama! Calmly explain what’s going on and let the know how much your want to fix the problem. This effort goes a loooooong way.
- Keep records of everything. If it’s not it writing, it doesn’t matter. Keep track of everybody your talk to, what was said, and any promises they made.
- Explore all your options, including short sale, loan modifications, and bankruptcy. You may be able to vastly slow down the process with enough effort. Each bank has its own programs to help you avoid foreclosure.
- Don’t wait. You DON’T have time. Never forget this! The further behind on payments your get, the less options are you’ll have.
We specialize in helping Dallas area homeowners in tough situations to avoid foreclosure. Sometimes, we can negotiate directly with the bank to reduce the amount you owe and (maybe) even help you get out of the property with some cash in your pocket.
If you need to sell a property in or around the Dallas area, we can help you.
We buy properties like yours AS IS from people who need to sell fast.