If you’re selling your house in Dallas TX, you probably want to make as much money as possible.
Am I right?
But “What do I need to do to sell my house in Dallas TX”?
Here are a few helpful suggestions that will help you get the most money possible for your house:
*Keep in mind: These tips will help you get the most money if you are looking to get the top RETAIL amount. (retail means what a house can get if it is completely fixed up) If you don’t have the time or money to follow all of the things I will tell you below, you can still sell your Dallas house fast for a fair amount in a mutually beneficial transaction.
1) CLEAN UP. Every house gets a bit rough and rugged over time so make sure you maintain the upkeep. If you want to sell your house at retail it needs to be spotless. If you don’t want to clean it yourself you can always pay someone else to do it.
If you’re a bit of a messy person, you may want to move out to make sure the house stays clean until it’s sold. Maybe you can sleep in a hazmat suit? Seriously, keeping everything clean will help people be able to imagine themselves living in your house. How many people do you think will be want to live in your house if they think it is disgusting?
2) Maintain a neat, neutral style. Using subtle colors can really help change how people see a room. For example, a soft color will make a dark room seem brighter while a darker color make a bright room (bedroom) seem calmer or more peaceful.
Where possible, spend the money to get professional help. Subconsciously people will pay more money for a house with just the perfect color and neat, straight lines. It helps the house look more modern and better built.
This stuff really works. It just does something to the mind. Make sure that you pay attention to the outside and not only the inside of the house.
3) Fix what needs fixing. Yeah, it might feel like a waste of money to spend money on a refrigerator that someone else might just get rid of. But really, quite a few buyers will get a home inspection and use the opportunity to negotiate with you. As the seller, you’ll often end up paying more if you try to hide things that need fixing from the buyer.
Make sure you stay in compliance with all laws.
It’s not a bad idea to hire a home inspector to come through before you put the property on the market. For a small fee, you might even be able to get them to come back after the repairs are made. Prospective buyers love to see an independent report on the condition of the house. It makes them feel extremely comfortable with the purchase.
4) Only make NEEDED repairs. The biggest mistake people make when getting their house ready to sell is over doing the repairs. They spend a ton of money making repairs that won’t add value into the house.
The only thing it is hard to “over-do” it on is paint. Spend all you want on paint. (within reason of course)
It’s important to know what repairs will help add to your sales price and which are a complete waste of money.
5) Talk to the professionals. Try to find some cool real estate agents that can help you price out your property. But you have to keep it real with them. If you have no intention of using them to list your property, then tell them that. Don’t be shady. Finding a great real estate agent is not easy but the great ones worry more about making you money than their own commissions.
6) Have a great marketing plan. Again, great agents earn their money by spreading their advertising far and wide. It’s pretty expensive and time-consuming to start from scratch on your own, but if you’re already a marketing expert you’re ahead of the game.
If you’re not, spend the time listening to what the best real estate agents do to sell houses in Dallas to educate yourself on the all available options.
7) Get a cash offer. We buy houses all throughout the Dallas area, and we do EVERYTHING so you don’t have to deal with any of this other stuff.
Don’t Want To Do The Things Above Yourself? But Still Want To Sell Your Dallas TX House Fast?
While everyone wants to get as much money as they possible from selling their house, not everyone can do the things or wants to do the things required to sell it at full retail value to an end buyer.
Making repairs, cleaning the house up, doing upgrades and marketing the property all take money and precious time.
If you have the money to do these things and you can wait the time it takes to sell houses in the Dallas market (4-9 months) then you’ll be better off from a financial perspective to do those things then list it on the MLS.
If you don’t have the money to do these things and can’t wait months to sell your house… maybe our company can help you. You’ll submit basic info about your house over here on our website, we’ll take a look at your house, make you a fair CASH offer, and you can decide if you want to work with us or not.
We will buy your house AS IS so you don’t have to spend the money or wait the time it might otherwise take to get your house sold at retail.
So if you’re still asking “what do I need to do to sell my house in Dallas“… now you have 2 solid options.
- Fix the property up with the steps above to sell for the maximum profit possible
- Let us do all of the work and we’ll make you a cash offer on your house in AS-IS condition. This saves you time, money, and gets the hassle off of your hands.
If you need to sell a property near Dallas TX, we can help you.